I have started working on the phpmyadmin codebase from 22 May, 2017. I have spend 5 days in familiarize myself with the phpmyadmin core functionality and architecture. Below are the details of the issues that I have fixed in first week or in community bonding period.

1. Remove inline javascript


I have started working on the code and submitted first pull request on 22 May, 2017 that removes inline onsubmit functions from the codebase https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/13291

  • onmouseover (completed and merged on 14 March, 2017)
  • onmouseout (completed and merged on 14 March, 2017)
  • onmousedown (completed and merged on 16 March, 2017)
  • onsubmit (completed and merged on 22 May, 2017)
  • onchange (completed and under review on 23 May, 2017)
  • onclick (incomplete)

2. Password “No” shown for user not in user table


My PR submitted for this improvement was https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/issues/13305. But the commit was merged with the main code by making a small change by the project owner (Michal Čihař) https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/253c9bed0ed210d4569d7909291ed2e588a97cfb

3. Nice view for JSON data


I have split this into 2 parts:

a) The data type is already json : The PR is under review https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/13317

b) Data is in JSON format but the data type is different (incomplete)

Next Steps

I will start working on Improve responsive/mobile interface task

This was my first week progress. I will post an update for this week soon.

This was originally posted on my medium account.

No comments:

Post a comment